Booking Policy and Terms
Booking Policy & Terms
Enterprise Name: The Migrant
Store Name: Melanin Republic
Thank you for traveling with The Migrant. These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to any travel Trips and/or services you have booked from The Migrant; the terms and conditions govern the contractual relationship between you (The “Client” and The Migrant “Service Provider”.
Please read these Terms carefully. Booking any Trip with The Migrant, you acknowledge that you) have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. The client who has confirmed the booking is deemed to be the designated contact person for all other clients named in such bookings. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the Client and The Migrant, with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements, representations, and understandings of the parties, written or oral.
A booking is confirmed, and these Terms will apply when The Migrant, has received the deposit from the Client and the Client has received written confirmation from The Migrant of such booking. At the time of booking, the Client confirms that they are 18 years of age or over, and agrees to provide full, complete, and accurate information as requested by The Migrant. to confirm such booking. Any Client confirming a booking on any The Migrant trip with more than one person named and booked on such booking represents and warrants to The Migrant that they have all necessary consents and authority to make such booking on behalf of all other Clients named on the booking and have communicated all necessary information to the other Clients for them to give free and fully informed authorization to do so. The information that they are providing regarding all clients is complete and accurate, and they have obtained all necessary consents and permissions to share such information with The Migrant. for the purposes of completing the booking, and liable to inform all other named Clients on the relevant booking of the applicability of these Terms & Conditions to the booking and the Clients’ relationship with The Migrant. At any time before a booking is confirmed, The Migrant reserves the right to increase or decrease brochure prices of any Trips. The Migrant reserves the right to decline any booking, at its sole discretion.
- The Migrant Trips
- The Migrant driver (for airport, hotels, testing centre transfers).
- All specified activities, guides & sightseeing admission fees.
- Meals if, included in the trip package.
- 24-hour Travel Agent support
- Items or any other service not included on the inclusive list.
- Additional activities not specified
- Transportation for optional activities and independent sightseeing during the trip is at the client's own cost.
- International Airfare, (unless local flights in the country of destination are stated in the travel package, to travel from one city to the next).
- No extra services will be rendered on the final day of the trip, for example, overnight accommodation, airport drop-off, unless stated in the full travel package.
- Insurance is at the expense of the Client.
- Visa fees
- All Covid-19 tests, Vaccinations, and any other medical care.
- All meals & beverages not specified
- Passports and Visas
The Migrant is committed to monitoring and amending an approach to travel during these uncertain times due to the Covid- 19 pandemic.
It is the client’s responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health, and immigration requirements applicable to the travel destination. The Migrant can only provide general information about this. It is entirely the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, and obtained on time. Clients must check requirements for their own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and their own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change, please ensure your information is up to date. The Migrant is not a visa advisory service, and as such does not take responsibility for any delay, cost, or inconvenience caused because of incorrect visa information, failure to obtain a visa, or any visa-related service.
The Migrant does not accept any liability for delayed Visas or Visa refusals. Visa approvals are solely at the discretion of the Embassy Concerned. Visas also do not guarantee entry into the country concerned. Customs for destination countries may deny entry on arrival for which The Migrant will not be held liable.
It is entirely the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all passport details supplied to The Migrant mirror those details shown on their passport & ID document for all travel trips. As a guideline, passports should be valid for 6 months after your scheduled return to your home country. The Migrant is not assuming any obligation or liability against any consequences of non-compliance.
The Migrant highly recommends that clients take out comprehensive travel insurance, including “cancel for any reason” to ensure any funds lost can be recovered. It is entirely the Client’s responsibility to ensure that vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactic (e.g. for malaria), A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for Covid-19, where required, have been obtained on time and is valid for travel. Please check the requirements with The Migrant before traveling.
You agree that it is your personal decision to travel and that you are doing so with full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions about the risk of COVID-19, with you having taken full personal responsibility to inform yourself in relation thereto. The Migrant does not assume any responsibility for and shall not be liable for any unsafe conditions or health hazards, including pandemics or other illnesses to which you may be exposed. The Migrant will, however, use its reasonable endeavours to provide you with the latest travel information available in respect of the regulations, conditions, and supplier terms applicable in relation to COVID-19, as at the time of your booking.
- Age of Travellers
All travellers must be 18 years of age and above to partake on all travel trips.
- Payment Methods, Payment Plans & Currencies
- Payments made and instructed either online, remotely, or electronically using the Client’s credit cards shall be deemed final and carry irrevocable client consent. Chargebacks will not be accepted by The Migrant. The Client’s given permission electronically shall be deemed final and irrevocable.
- The Migrant trips are priced in United States Dollar (USD). All payments made using other foreign currencies must equal the value of the trip in USD, The Migrant is not responsible for any currency fluctuations and have no control over this.
- The Migrant offers the Client; flexible payment plans and payment options. Please note your spot on the trip is only reserved once we have received a deposit.
- All payments (payment plan options) are to be paid on the 1st of every month; a payment request will be issued to the Client.
- All payments made, must reflect the expected amount to be received in United States Dollars (USD) to The Migrant.
- All Payments are subject to booking fees charges which are included in the price of the travel package and included in the price of the trip.
- All payments must be made in full no later than 60 days before the commencement of the trip. Clients should refer to the confirmation email sent by The Migrant for details regarding the final payment for any trip booked.
- All payments must be made promptly when due, failure to do so, the Client’s spot on a The Migrant Trip will be processed as a cancellation. The Migrant will contact the client to resolve the issue before it escalates to a cancellation.
- Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Deposit fees are non-refundable.
- Trips cancelled within 24 hours of booking will receive a 100% refund.
- Trips cancelled within 7 days after booking will receive a 100% refund, No Questions Asked (Excluding non-refundable booking fee & transaction fees).
- Full/total payment of the travel package is due 60 days before the trip commences.
7.1 Cancellations & Refunds
Two Refund options include refund using the method of payment or a travel voucher for later use on another travel package.
- 5 months before departure - 20% charge fee, 80% refund
- 4 months before departure - 40% charge fee, 60% refund
- 3 months before departure - 60% charge fee, 50% refund
- 2 months before departure - 80% charge fee, 20% refund
- 1 months before departure - 100% charge fee, 0% refund
- Trips cancelled less than 30 days before the commencement of the trip, will not receive any refund/ all money paid will be forfeited.
- Law and Jurisdiction
South African law and the jurisdiction of South African courts will govern the relationship between the Client and The Migrant. The Migrant shall be entitled to institute any legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract in a South African Court.
Subject to statutory constraints or compliance with an order of the court, The Migrant undertakes to deal with all Client information of a personal nature on a strictly confidential basis. By using the The Migrant website, Africantravelescapes.com, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms & conditions.
- Accommodation & Transport Liability
The Migrant has taken the necessary steps to ensure that the health and safety of Clients are not compromised. We are working very closely with our suppliers to ensure that we keep our clients informed with the most up-to-date travel restrictions and policies, as they are being updated. The Migrant acts only as an agent for Accommodation (hotel) & Transport (transfers & land transport) providers that we use during our trips. The Migrant assumes no liability for injury, damage, delay, loss, accident, or irregularity in connection with any hotel or transport provider. Any extra expenses incurred whilst staying at the accommodation (hotel) such as room service, tipping of staff, or charges to the room shall be the responsibility of the individual trip participant to provide for these extra expenses incurred. The Migrant shall in no way be liable for these extra expenses. If we need to provide you with a different accommodation than originally planned, the new accommodation we provide will be of the same expected standards
- Force Majeure
The Migrant is not obliged to provide a full refund or compensate a client if The Migrant contractual obligations to a client are affected by “Force Majeure” once the trip in destination country has commenced or less than 30 days before commencement. For exceptions of the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Force Majeure means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and the threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely at the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labor strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned control. The Client must ensure that their insurance provider covers Force Majeure, as the Client may be able to reclaim these costs.
- Entire Contract
The Terms & Conditions constitute the entire terms of the relationship between the parties (Client & The Migrant). There exist no other terms, conditions, warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever (whether verbal, written, or electronic) regulating the relationship and the Client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of The Migrant or otherwise that is not included herein.
- Itinerary - Flexibility, Variations, and Transfers
While every effort is made to keep to the final itinerary, The Migrant reserves the right to make changes/amendments for the Client’s convenience e.g., in some cases, weather conditions can necessitate an alteration in the itinerary, and this does not constitute any reason for a refund. The Migrant will communicate such amendments. The Migrant will issue a notification on any modifications to the trip. It is the Client’s responsibility to accept or decline such amendments in writing within 5 working days to The Migrant. The Client acknowledges that booking a trip with The Migrant, requires considerable flexibility and the Client acknowledges and permits reasonable alterations to the itinerary by The Migrant. The Client acknowledges their understanding that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, and mode of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, incidents in the location where the voyage will be operated, flight cancellations, strikes, events emanating from political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme weather and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control. If any drastic change arises from reasons of Force Majeure, as herein defined, the Client will be entitled to recover only the costs of the Trip recoverable by The Migrant.
- Complaints & Dissatisfaction
In the event of complaints or dissatisfaction, any complaints must be brought to the attention of The Migrant immediately and will be addressed within 24/hours. Complaints must be addressed in writing to The Migrant email.