Selling Policies and Vendor Code of Conduct
All vendors are expected to adhere to the following policies when listing products, trips or events on Black Passport Stamps. Vendor offenses and prohibited content can result in suspension of your Black Passport Stamps account.
Vendor code of conduct
This policy requires that vendors act fairly and honestly on Black Passport Stamps to ensure a safe buying and selling experience. All vendors must:
- Provide accurate information to Black Passport Stamps and our customers at all times
- Act fairly and not misuse Black Passport Stamps’ features or services
- Not attempt to damage or abuse another vendor, their listings or ratings
- Not attempt to influence customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews
- Not send unsolicited or inappropriate communications
- Not attempt to circumvent the Black Passport Stamps sales process [e.g., linking out to your company’s website when answering customer inquiries or emails]
- Not operate more than one selling account on Black Passport Stamps without a legitimate business need
Violating the Code of Conduct or any other Black Passport Stamps policies may result in actions against your account, such as cancellation of listings, suspension or forfeiture of payments, and removal of selling privileges. More details about these policies are below.
You must provide accurate information to Black Passport Stamps and our customers, and update the information if it changes. For example, this means that you must use a business name that accurately identifies your business and list your products in the correct categories.
You must act fairly and lawfully and may not misuse any service provided by Black Passport Stamps. Examples of unfair activities include:
- Providing misleading or inappropriate information to Black Passport Stamps or our customers, such as by creating multiple detail pages for the same product or posting offensive product images
- Manipulating sales rank (such as by accepting fake orders or orders that you have paid for) or making claims about sales rank in product titles or descriptions
- Attempting to increase the price of a product after an order is confirmed
- Artificially inflating web traffic (using bots or paying for clicks, for example)
- Attempting to damage another Vendor, their listings or ratings
- Allowing other people to act on your behalf in a way that violates Black Passport Stamps’ policies or your agreement with Black Passport Stamps
Ratings, Feedback, and Reviews
You may not attempt to influence or inflate customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews. You may request feedback and reviews from your own customers in a neutral manner, but may not:
- Pay for or offer an incentive (such as coupons or free products) in exchange for providing or removing feedback or reviews
- Ask customers to write only positive reviews or ask them to remove or change a review
- Solicit reviews only from customers who had a positive experience
- Review your own products or a competitors’ products
If you are a travel company or event company, you must contact the customer via email within 48 hours of their initial booking, to provide them with additional travel, registration, event or ticket details related to the trip or event. You may not send unsolicited or inappropriate messages. All communications to customers must be necessary for fulfilling the order, booking or providing customer services. Unrelated marketing communications are prohibited.
If you receive customer information such as addresses or phone numbers to fulfill orders, you may use that information only to fulfill orders or process bookings.
Circumventing the Sales Process
You may not attempt to circumvent the Black Passport Stamps sales process or divert Black Passport Stamps customers to another website. This means that you may not provide links or messages that prompt users to visit any external website or complete a transaction elsewhere.
Multiple Selling Accounts on Black Passport Stamps
You may only maintain one Black Passport Stamps Vendor account for each region in which you sell unless you have a legitimate business need to open a second account and all of your accounts are in good standing. If any of your accounts are not in good standing, we may deactivate all of your selling accounts until all accounts are in good standing.
Examples of a legitimate business justification include:
- You own multiple brands and maintain separate businesses for each
Filing Infringement Notices as an Agent or Brand Protection Agency
Black Passport Stamps understands that many brands may choose to have brand protection agencies or agents report intellectual property infringement on their behalf and accepts submissions from authorized agents. However, Black Passport Stamps does not permit individuals with active selling accounts to file infringement notices as an agent of a brand when the filing of those notices could benefit their own selling account (through removing competing listings, for example). Any vendors filing notices as an agent to benefit their own status as a vendor may have their selling account terminated.
Vendor Agreement Terms
We’ll outline some of the key sections of the Vendor Agreement Terms for reminder purposes and state them in the simplest of forms, but the entire official terms document can be found here.
Payment plans are no longer available for organized group trips or events
Referral fee (Admin fee) is 8% for all trips and events.
Payment Options. Currently, the only option for a customer is to pay a deposit towards our trip, which will be .
Payment Plans for Your Services are no longer available via our Platform. Black Passport Stamps will not receive payments for service on behalf of vendors. Previous bookings made by a customer before the transition will continue as planned with a customer’s scheduled payments being made to Black Passport Stamps and with us, then, forwarding the sales proceeds, minus our referral fee (admin fee), to you upon your request for withdrawal. Moving forward with new bookings, Black Passport Stamps will only charge the customer a deposit fee to create the booking, which will equate to 100% of our referral fee (a flat fee of 8% of the retail cost per person). Vendors are now responsible for collecting the remaining balance from the customer via independent methods (e.g. invoicing the customer, Paypal payments, etc.)