Terms and Policies Change Log
At Black Passport Stamps, we are constantly working to improve our products and services. As our offerings grow and evolve, so will our policies and terms.
Below you’ll find a list of key changes, clarifications, simple rephrasing and additions, from the most recent to the least recent. By continuing to use our website, you agree to these updated terms and changes. // (…) represents an unfinished sentence and is used below to save space and create an ease of comprehension.
April 2nd, 2021 – Vendor Agreement Terms
We reserve the right to decrease or increase the referral fee (i.e., admin fee), but not more than one percent every three months. This does not signify that we will increase or decrease the referral fee every three months, it is simply a statement of reservation to the right of changes. Changes to the referral fee (“admin fee”) will become effective after a three month advance notice made via Store Manager Notification board and email.
The referral fee (i.e., admin fee) has been decreased by 1% all around, effective as of today, and now goes as follows:
- 7% for trips and events with an individual ticket or booking cost of $3,000.00 or more
- 9% for trips and events with an individual ticket or booking cost less than $3,000.00
February 9th, 2021 – Refund Policy
R-1.4 If you book a trip or event through Black Passport Stamps and you decide to cancel within seven (7) full days from the moment that your order was made, you can request a refund by contacting the vendor which you’ve booked the trip or event. You are entitled to the refund, no questions asked. This applies to an order made, paying either the deposit only or a payment in full.
R-1.5 After seven (7) days: Cash refunds are not offered after seven days by Black Passport Stamps
R-1.6 If you’ve made payments for a trip or event and the vendor makes a decision to refund you for any reason, you will receive the total amount of your refund back to your original payment method (incl. taxes), minus the 8-10% referral fee paid to Black Passport Stamps by the vendor. The referral fee is between 8-10% of the total ticket price. Black Passport Stamps will provide you with store credit equal to the referral fee amount and the store credit will become available immediately to book a different trip or event available on our website, or purchase any products offered. Please contact Black Passport Stamps customer support via email [email protected] or via live chat if you have any questions.
R-1.7 After seven (7) days, customers are subject to the refund, return or transfer policy created by the respective vendor. Please contact the vendor via email or live chat or visit their store page for that information.
R-1.8 After forty-five (45) days: If you haven’t contacted us to receive store credit or transfer some or all of your deposit to a different trip within 45 days of making your initial deposit, you will not be able to do so after this point.
January 28th, 2021 – Vendor Agreement Terms
S-1.4.2 Payment Plan. …customers to pay, at minimum, 100% of our referral fee for order creation. Please contact us to notify us of your decision to not use our payment system and for assistance in setting up your product and event or trip listings properly.
Note: Payment plans are currently limited between 3 months and 12 months and invoiced to the customer once a month. Payment plans are not available for products, organized group trips or events that either cost less than $200 USD or will begin within the next 90 days. Payment plan options should end at minimum 14 days before the start of your trip or event to ensure that the customer completes their payments before the start of it. To simply put it, if your trip or event begins in 11 months, feel free to add any payment plan options up to 10 months to your trip/event page. If it begins in 4 months, you can use the 3 month option. If it begins within 60 days, customers must pay in full and will have no payment plan option. This ensures that customers pay in full before the start date.
- Important: You are responsible for managing the payment plan options that are available and must remove each option as soon as they become invalid. For example, if you’ve chosen 3-9 month plans for your trip or event that begins in 10 months; as time passes and the trip’s start date gets closer, you must remove the 9 month option when there are 9 months or less, follow by the 8 month plan and so on, until the start date of the trip.
- Physical products do not need to adhere to these rules as they don’t have start dates.
January 21st, 2021 – Refund Policy
R-1.11 Gift Cards: Gift cards have no expiration date and can be used towards the purchase or booking of any product, trip or event that is available for checkout on blackpassportstamps.com. Gift cards can not be used to purchase additional gift cards. Gift cards are non-refundable.
January 17th, 2021 – Vendor Agreement Terms
- (….increase the fixed transaction fee, but no more than $0.30, every 6 months….) has been removed as we no longer charge transaction fees per order.
We will no longer charge the $0.30 per transaction fee. The referral fee has been updated to a simple tiered percentage system based on product price only as follows:
8% for products with a total sales price of $3,000.00 or more
10% for products with a total sales price less than $3,000
S-1.4 Payment Options.
- If you elect to allow your customers to pay for Your Products or Your Services in full with one transaction, we require you to use our payment system for the transaction, resulting in the ability for us to receive our referral fee.
S-1.4.2 Payment Plan.
You can also elect to, but are not required to, use our payment system to make available to customers the ability to pay a deposit with scheduled payments (i,e., payment plan). Payment plan options are available at a minimum of 3 months and at a maximum of 12 months. A payment plan is not required, and in some cases (e.g., low priced items), would not make sense, to apply to Your Products or Your Services and it is up to your discretion to give customers the option to pay by way of a payment plan. You can also request the creation of a custom payment plan, that will fit your business better, by contacting us. If you do not elect to use our payment system, in regards to the payment plan option(s), you must (a) already have access to a system where customers can complete their payment, and (b) require customers to pay, at minimum, 100% of our referral fee for order creation, which can be done by creating a custom deposit amount for your product without the payment plan option (see our vendor tutorial videos for assistance with this).
Note: Products, trips or events with a total price less than $200 or within 90 days of your listing date can not be offered with a payment plan option. Payment plans for events, trips or tours must be scheduled to end at minimum 14 days before the start of the event or tour date. Therefore, the minimum start date for a trip or event for the use of the shortest payment plan length (3 months) is 104 days (3 months and 2 weeks) from the current date of your new listing.
When an order or booking is created with a payment plan, the initial deposit is paid immediately upon checkout by the customer. The future payments in the payment plan will (e.g., 9 payments for the next 9 months) will be listed as ‘scheduled’ orders and each contain unique order #s. These are essentially invoices that are made available for a customer to pay at any point (according to your payment terms) in their account dashboard. Please see our info directory for more details on how payment plans work.
- If offering a payment plan for a trip or event, the payment plan duration (in weeks or months) and final payment date must end at least 30 days before the start of that trip or event. For example, if promoting an event or trip that starts on October 1st, 2021, you can select any weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payment plan option(s) that will have a final payment date on or before September 1st, 2021.
Section 9. Tax Matters
- ….taxes on your behalf. Tax that will be collected during customer checkout is for the purpose of fulfillment of our statutory tax obligations. Our current tax rate is 2.9% of the list price.
S-4.3 Compensation, Taxes and Payment Plans.
- When offering a payment plan, 100% of our referral fee will be taken from the initial deposit that a customer makes after checkout. Any additional funds received in the initial deposit will become available for your withdrawal in accordance with Section S-4. Taxes collected by Black Passport Stamps will also be included in the “Admin fee”. If offering customers the option for a payment plan for your product(s) or service, total taxes will be split by the length of the payment plan. For example, if a product’s total taxes equal $100 and a customer has chosen a ten month payment plan, the tax will be split equally between the initial deposit and the ten month payment plan following. These taxes will show as “Admin fee” for scheduled orders (payment plan) subsequent to the initial order and deposit and do not include additional referral fees.
December 7, 2020 – Vendor Agreement Terms
- THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED, CONSTRUED, AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES.
Section 16. Miscellaneous
- Each of the parties hereto consents to submit itself to the non-exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts of State of Georgia, County of Fulton and of the federal courts located in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (and the appellate courts thereof), in the event any dispute arises out of this agreement.
December 2, 2020 – Vendor Agreement Terms
- …AND AGREE TO ADHERE TO ANY APPLICABLE COMMERCIAL LAWS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND / OR FOR EACH COUNTRY FOR WHICH YOU REGISTER….
Section 2. Sales Proceeds
- If you elect to use our payment system on the Platform to handle customer payments and refunds, (further discussed in Section S-2) …
- All payments to you will be remitted to Your Bank Account through a legitimate banking network (currently Stripe, PayPal or Direct Wire Transfer).
- If we determine that your actions or performance may result in returns, chargebacks (applicable only when a vendor is using our payment system to handle customer payments in full), claims, disputes…
- In addition, we may require that you pay other amounts to secure the performance of your obligations under this Agreement or to mitigate the risk of returns, chargebacks (if applicable)…
Section 3. Term and Termination
- You may at any time terminate your use of the Platform (halt the selling of Your Products or Your Services) immediately, on notice to us via Store Manager, email, the Contact Us form, or similar means, however, you will remain responsible for performing and completing all of your obligations in connection with transactions entered into before termination and for any liabilities that accrued before or as a result of termination.
- I.e., has been replaced with e.g., to be grammatically correct, where applicable.
Section 7. Disclaimer and General Release
- IN THE CASE OF A LOST FINANCIAL DISPUTE (e.g., CHARGEBACK CLAIM), BLACK PASSPORT STAMPS IS SOLELY LIABLE FOR RETURNING THE TOTAL OF THE REFERRAL FEE PAID TO US (e.g., IF WE HAVE ONLY RECEIVED 75% OF THE REFERRAL FEE, WE WILL RETURN 75% OF THE REFERRAL FEE).
- …except in a financial dispute where we will return the received percentage of our referral fee, if required.
- Payment Options. If you elect to allow your customers to pay for Your Products or Your Services in full with one transaction, we require you to use our payment system for the transaction, resulting in the ability for us to receive our referral fee.
- You can also elect to, but are not required to, use our payment system to make available to customers the ability to pay a deposit with subsequent payments (e.g., payment plan), over the course of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. A payment plan is not required, and in some cases (e.g., low priced items), would not make sense, to apply to Your Products or Your Services and it is up to your discretion to give customers the option to pay by way of a payment plan. You can also request the creation of a custom payment plan, that will fit your business better, by contacting us. If you do not elect to use our payment system, in regards to the payment plan option(s), you must (a) already have access to a system where customers can complete their payment, and (b) require customers to pay, at minimum, 100% of our referral fee for order creation, which can be done by creating a custom deposit amount for your product without the payment plan option (see our vendor tutorial videos for assistance with this).
Section 3.1 Chargebacks
- If we have received additional monies from a paying customer, partially, or in full, through our payment system, and we inform you that we have received a chargeback claim relating to the offer, sale, fulfillment of Your Products or Services and / or concerning one of Your Transactions, and it is found or determined that the claim, chargeback, or dispute is valid, Black Passport Stamps is only liable for providing the received percentage of our Referral Fee to fulfill the repayment of the claim. You, or the company you represent, will bear the remainder of the financial responsibility and…
- We reserve the right to remove the ability to create discounts, create coupons or to apply coupon codes on the Platform, from any vendor, immediately, if we suspect any type of abuse of the system or the Platform.
- We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Vendor Agreement Terms or the Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website, with immediate effect (a) for legal, regulatory, fraud and abuse prevention, or security reasons; (b) to change existing features or add additional features to the Platform (where this does not materially adversely affect your use of the Platform); or (c) to restrict products or activities that we deem unsafe, inappropriate, or offensive. We reserve the right to increase the referral fee, but no more than one half of one percent every 6 months. Changes to the referral fee (“admin fee”) will become effective after a six month advance notice.
By continuing to use our website, you agree to these updated terms and changes. Thanks for being a part of the Black Passport Stamps community.